Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Passing of David Smith, Haiti Mission Program, Inc. Founder

Leave a Comment

Update on 6/2/17:

Six months after Dave passed, my dear friend and "Maryland Mother" Marsha became ill and died on February 28, 2017. She was the second half of the Haiti Mission Program charity, and visited Haiti also. She was one of the kindest people that I know, welcoming me, my husband and children into her family.  I knew that I could ask anything of Marsha, and often did.

I am at a loss in understanding why she was taken from this earth way too soon. I miss you Marsha, I hope you are having fun in heaven, making sure the angels are wearing their coats on a cold day.


Dave and Marsha celebrating 51 years of marriage


Original Post from 9/27/16:

The world lost a great man on August 12, 2016 when Dave Smith, founder of the Haiti Mission Program Inc. passed away. He dedicated his life to helping what he called "the poorest of the poor" in Haiti. And although he was unable to travel to Haiti for the past several years due to illness, he was very involved in running the charity and ensuring that monies continued to be sent to his contacts in Haiti to continue the good work there.


For more information on the charity, see the link to my website with information about the Haiti Mission Program Inc. and my previous blog post in July 2013 about the Haiti Mission Program, Inc. 

RIP, Senor Dave


0 comments: