Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Perfect Pearl Custom Jewelry Set for My New Friend Joy

Leave a Comment
One of the great things about Etsy is that you have the ability to meet people from all over the United States.  I recently worked with Joy from California, who contacted me to make a necklace, bracelet, and earring set to match a particular jacket.

Joy contacted me through my CatjuHandmadeJewelry Shop to see if I could make her a pearl necklace, bracelet, and earring set in the colors of sea foam, peach, yellow, pink and white. She had very specific colors in mind, as she wanted to wear the set with a jacket. I was able to send her photos of the pearl colors, so she could see what they looked like and if they were close in shade to what she wanted.

While emailing back and forth, all of the colors fell into place, except for the pink, peach and yellow pearls. I had to order several strands to get yellow pearls -- not gold or golden -- in color. The pink and peach pearls were very close in color, so I ordered a few other strands to get those correct. After sending the photos to Joy for approval, I then got started on putting the set together.

The pearls were interspersed with round Czech glass faceted crystals to add a little sparkle. Both the necklace and bracelet have a chain extension so the length can be adjusted.

Here is a photo of the necklace and bracelet.

Pearl and Czech Crystal Necklace and Bracelet by Catju Designs
Joy emailed me when she received that set to tell me that she was so pleased with her purchase, and that it matched her jacket perfectly. She even sent me a the below photo, and I have to agree with her that the jewelry looks awesome with the jacket.

Joy's Jacket with Pearl and Czech Crystal Set
Since June, we have been emailing back and forth, getting the details worked out for several more jewelry sets. Joy is the best kind of repeat customer, as she knows exactly what she wants, and can tell me if the photo samples that I send her are on target or what she'd like changed. I am happy to have made a new friend on the west coast, and look forward to working with her on future projects.

0 comments: