Sunday, July 6, 2014

Japanese Tensha and Swarovski Crystal Earrings

2 comments
I normally do not use acrylic beads in my jewelry, as there are so many beautiful gemstone and crystals to design with.
Blue Rose Japanese Tensha beads and Dark Indigo Swarovski Crystal Earrings
But when I came across these Japanese Tensha beads, I knew that I had to get some, and pair them with Swarovski crystals to make amazing earrings.
Red Rose Japanese Tensha beads and Light Siam Swarovski Crystal Earrings
These beads are handmade, very lightweight, and are made by applying a beautifully detailed decal to an acrylic bead.
Peacock Japanese Tensha beads and Light Turquoise Swarovski Crystal Earrings
The beads are then sealed with a protective acrylic coating, and then gold or silver highlights are added for sparkle.

Some of the acrylic beads are frosted, which add a different look to the beads, as shown in the two photos below.

Flowers, especially roses, are a common theme for these beads.

How can you pick one as a favorite?  They are all so colorful and pair very nicely with Swarovski crystals.

2 comments:

Annie Peters said...

Stunning! The Japanese Tensha beads do pair very well with Swarovski crystals. I've never seen anything quite like them. I particularly love the frosted ones. They look almost like beautiful little lanterns!

Su Ho said...

Like this one, recently wanted to buy some crystal jewelry dress themselves,swarovski outlet more like,but I do not know too many styles to pick that good, we help to the point.