Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Seriously? Easter in January?

1 comment
I went into the drug store over the weekend, and was surprised to see the Easter candy out for sale.  Really? It is January, right? What happened to Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day? Are we just skipping over them now?

I am also amazed at how soon in the year the Christmas items are out for sale each year. It used to be you wouldn't see them until after Thanksgiving, but now I remember seeing Christmas stuff in July. I guess they are going with "Christmas in July" theme.

I've been working on heart earrings for Valentine's Day. There are several in my Etsy shop.  The pair below is Swarovski Crystal Clear AB Wild Hearts, flashing blue and purple depending on how the light hits them. The AB coating is one of my favorite that Swarovski makes, it adds a ton of sparkle.


And since I am sitting here in Baltimore with 8 inches of snow on the ground, it is funny to think about Easter, which is in April this year. Easter brings to mind springtime, with tulips and crocus and warm weather.

You can also find these antique gold and Emerald Swarovski crystal earrings with an enameled shamrock or clover charm. They will help you celebrate the wearing of the green on St. Patrick's day.


So I'm now going to settle down on the couch and see what the quietness of the snow storm brings.  Pookie the beading kitten will most certainly join me and we'll snuggle up with a cup of hot chocolate. 


Leave me a comment to let me know what you do when you are snowbound. Stay warm!

1 comments:

Annie Peters said...

I've noticed the same thing about holiday shopping. It seems like there is a 3 month lead up time to them all now. I have a small cosmetics shop on Etsy, so I know how it feels work ahead on seasonal things to be ready for the right time of year. There have definitely been 'Christmas in July' moments for me lately! Haha.

I love the antique gold earrings. Such a lovely color combination with the emerald green. Also, please say hello to Pookie for me!