Sunday, January 5, 2014

Anju Art Metal Componets from The Bead Place

2 comments
One of my favorite items that I purchased at the BeadFest Bead Show in Philly last August were these interesting art metal components by Anju from The Bead Place in Fairview Heights Illinois.  They are made from a pewter base metal, that is then coated with either silver, gold, or copper.  They are lead and nickel free, and have a varnish on them so the coatings will not rub off.

I had quite a time trying to decide which components to buy.  I thought they would make unique earrings, so I purchased quite a few to do that.  I paired the components with Swarovski crystal bicones, mainly their new fall color Crystal Rose Gold, Light Grey Opal, Clear AB, Comet Argent Light, Jet and a dark grey Czech glass crystal with a gold coating.

Check out these earring below:

Copper Leaves

Silver Leaves

Birds on a tree branch

Birds and copper bird houses

Copper and gunmetal triangles

More birds!!

Copper ginko leaves

Leaves in silver
Gold Turtles

Each art metal component is a work of art!

Golden leaves

Interesting silver and Swarovski AB clear crystals

Love the swirl!

Adorable silver flowers

I also bought a few of the larger pendants to pair with earrings to make necklace and earring sets.

Starfish necklace and earring set

Love this copper and gunmetal necklace

Silver leaves necklace and earring set
 
As I finished each piece and put it on my table to be photographed for my CatjuHandmadeJewelry Etsy Shop, I really wanted to put them in my jewelry box!  I ended up listing most of them, you can find them by searching on "art metal" once you get to my Etsy Shop.

Leave a comment to let me know which is your favorite.  And check out The Bead Place website for free project ideas, classes and workshops and new stock.




2 comments:

Jean said...

so pretty! jean

Annie Peters said...

Very intriguing collection. I love the combination of the leaf shaped metal and crystal. It's delightfully earthy!