Friday, September 6, 2013

Product Review - Wubbers Looping Pliers

Leave a Comment
I saw this product advertised online, called Wubbers Looping Pliers.


The idea that there was a tool to use to make consistent loops was intriguing, so I thought I would give them a try.  I make a lot of earrings so anything that can help and be less of a struggle sounded like it was worth the $25 purchase price.

I ordered the pliers and when they arrived, I saw the package included an instructional DVD.




Unfortunately, the DVD was very small and although it would fit in my iMac, I wasn't sure I would be able to eject it.  So I headed over to YouTube and found this nine minute video called "Wubbers Looping Pliers Demonstration."

It looked pretty straightforward, so I began making loops on the next pair of earrings that I made.  It was awkward at first, but I have found the more I use the pliers, the easier they are to use and that I make more consistent loops.

These Ravens earrings show my first attempt at using the pliers -- not too shabby!

Swarovski Crystal Ravens earrings by Catju Designs
I also started using the pliers to make wrapped loops, and again, after getting used to how the pliers worked, found them easy to use.

I would recommend these pliers to anyone who wants to make consistent loops.  Watch the video and get some practice and you will be good to go.  Here is another pair of earrings that I made with two sets of loops.






0 comments: