Thursday, August 22, 2013

Baltimore Blue Moon

Leave a Comment
Yesterday morning on my way to work, I heard we had a "Blue Moon." That means that this large, very round and bright moon is the second full moon to occur in a single calendar month. 

I whipped out my phone and took the photo below. The moon is nestled between a couple of evergreen trees. The photo does not capture the brightness and clearness of the moon. I wish that I had my camera with me so that I could take a better photo.


Even though it was still dark outside, I was surprised to see the blueness of the sky in the photo. The blue sky with the crisp whiteness of the moon inspires me to combine blue and white for a necklace and earring set. I'm going to check my bead boxes and see what beads I have in blue and white and see what I can come up with.

You'll have to wait awhile to see the next Blue Moon. It won't happen until July 2015.

0 comments: