Sunday, October 28, 2012

Enamel Flower Earrings Tutorial featuring Sunroom Studios

Leave a Comment
My favorite purchase from the Innovative Bead Expo last weekend were these delightful enamel flowers by Sunroom Studios.  They are on a long copper wire, and are assorted shapes, colors and sizes.  I had a hard time determining which ones to purchase, as I wanted to buy them all!  I decided to get some pairs to make into earrings.

Enamel Flowers by Sunroom Studios
The first thing I did was bend the copper wire flat against the flower.


Next, I selected a spacer bead and Swarovski crystal, in this case copper daisy spacers and round 8mm light green opaque Chrysolite Swarovski crystal beads.


After stacking the spacer bead and crystal on the copper wire, I made a looped wrap.  Next I picked out the copper fish hook earwires that have a fleur di lis design.



Here's the finished earrings.  The Chrysolite Swarovski crystals bring out the light green in the flowers, and are a perfect accent to the purple and copper.


In all, I made four pairs of earrings.  There is the blue pair with Montana Swarovski Crystals, the purple pair with Light Amethyst crystals, the purple with Chrysolite crystals, and the black with Jet crystals.  

Leave me a comment and let me know which pair is your favorite.

Enamel flower earrings with Swarovski Crystals by Catju Designs
Head over to Sunrooms Studios to purchase the enamel flowers to create your own earrings, or sign up for the class they teach to make your own!

0 comments: