Friday, June 15, 2012

Ocean Dreams Inc.

4 comments
Another bead vendor that I visited last month at the Northeast Bead Extravaganza Bead Show was Ocean Dreams, Inc.  Jade had quite an assortment of bead strands that immediately caught my attention.  I was looking for faceted black onyx, and was able to pick out very high quality strands in two sizes.

Purchases from Ocean Dreams, Inc.
Here's what I ended up with:  a 6mm strand of faceted black onyx gemstone beads, an 8mm strand of faceted black onyx gemstone beads, two strands of rondelle aquamarine beads, a strand of gorgeous blue goldstone, and one strand each of silver and gold bead balls.  Visit Ocean Dreams, Inc. website using the link above to see more of the beads, pearls, and clasps that they have for sale.


I got around to using one of the strands of faceted black onyx this past weekend to make this necklace and earring set.  Copper is a very popular accessory color this summer, so I decided to do a simple pattern with copper spacer beads and a copper spiky bead.


Catju Designs faceted Black Onyx and copper necklace and earring set
Head over to my Catju Designs Etsy shop to see more views of this  Black Onyx Necklace and Earring set


Before I go, I have to share with you one more photo.  Pookie the beading kitten was watching me lay out the beads to photograph them, so I have to include a shot of her with the blue goldstone.  Look at how the sunlight just bounces off the beads!




I can't wait to get started with designing gorgeous artisan jewelry with this lovely strand.

4 comments:

jean lobort said...

Black onyx has always been my favorite. They have a class of their own and create stunning looks. It is evident from the necklace you have created out of them. These can be worn on formal as well as casual occasions and will add to the style quotient of any fashionista.

jean lobort said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eva Parker said...

How did you use the gold and silver bead balls? Plz upload photos of your creation. I love to see your designs. The black onyx necklace is beautiful.

Joseph Taylor said...

The blue goldstone and Spooky. They sure make an interesting combination. Spooky loves the camera, it seems. She is so poised and set for the perfect shot. Love the pic.