Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Necklace Redesign with Before and After Photos, Catju Designs

4 comments
Here is an interesting vintage necklace that I came across recently.  It is a little busy for my tastes, so I thought I would take it apart and use the components to make something else.

Here are the before photos:



As you can see, there are several things going on, starting with a long amethyst dangle, amethyst Swarovski crystal bead, enamel butterflies, enamel three-hole stations with tiny violet flowers, a very interesting green stone setting and amethyst bud flower dangles. 

Whew!  Quite a bit of colors and designs in this necklace.



Here are the after photos:



So the first thing I decided to do was use the lovely amethyst components with the violet triangles.  I linked them together, leaving the tiny amethyst bud flowers too.  I used amethyst Czech firepolish crystals for the necklace, interspersing them with gold plated spacer bead between every three beads, and added a gold plated lobster claw clasp.



I used the amethyst Swarovski crystal bead, along with a gold plated daisy bead and amethyst Czech firepolish bead for the earrings.  They are finished off with a gold plated fish hook earwire.


Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this remake of the necklace.  

If you are interested in purchasing it, you can find it in my Etsy Shop at this link.

Check back tomorrow and I'll show you another set that I made using the same necklace.


4 comments:

Jolie du Pre said...

At first, I didn't think the vintage necklace was too busy. I liked it! However, your creation is so much more refined. So I can now see how such a necklace can be improved upon. The deep violet color of this necklace certainly pulls me in. Plus, I'm drawn more to gold than to silver. So I like the gold paired with the violet. I believe this necklace and earrings can be worn not only by an adult, but I believe a teen would enjoy this set too.

Unknown said...

That amethyst drop is killer. I agree with you that the first necklace was too busy. It had too many points of interest, and in the new one you let the drop gem have center stage. Great job. Is this still available?

Catju Designs Jewelry Blog said...

Yes, the after necklace is available for sale in my Etsy shop, here is the link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/97343111/necklace-combo-purple-amethyst-vintage

I'm glad you like it.

Megan said...

What a great remake! I can't believe your talent.