Saturday, March 3, 2012

Swarovski Bracelet and Earrings - Dear Catju

2 comments

Dear Catju,

I’m a little nervous and freaked because I’m receiving an award from work at an upcoming event. The event is formal and I’m not a formal kind of girl.  Luckily, with the help of my sister, I found this dress that I absolutely love!  It’s a black one shoulder that that comes to my knees.  Can you help me with jewelry and shoe options?

THANK YOU!
Janee
Bowie, MD

+++++

Dear Janee,

A big congrats from Catju Designs is sent your way, that’s wonderful that you’re getting an award!

Now to the style, a little black one shoulder number sounds beautiful, very trendy and timeless. That piece will be in your closet for many years to come!  Since it’s formal and it’s work, you won’t want to dress too flashy or be too bright.  Since you’re the award recipient, all eyes will already be on you. You’ll want to dress elegant and beautiful.

My first suggestion would be to wear your hair up in a bun or chignon.  This is so cute and very classy. It allows you to show off your ears and jewelry as well.

My suggestion for jewelry would be to wear a short, conservative, drop earring. This would be very corporate and would really draw attention to you and your dress, with a slight pop of sparkle. Our Topaz Wire Wrap Earrings




or Swarovski Bling Leverback Earrings would definitely be perfect! 



You do NOT want to wear a necklace with your one-shoulder, that is just too much and the one-shoulder strap is the focal point for your neckline.  Because of that, you’ll be able to wear a sparkly bracelet.  I’d recommend something neutral, but sparkly, like our Swarovski Super Bling Crystal Bracelet.  This bracelet fits the bill, so there wouldn’t be too much going on with the other elements of your jewelry, like your earrings.


I would the only wear the rings that you normally wear to work, I wouldn’t add a cocktail ring or super fashion ring because your other jewelry will really stand out.

I’d also pair this with a fun clutch, preferably black patent leather or silver leather. It would be the one trendy piece that would accent the entire look.  As for your shoes, I would stick to a basic, black patent leather pump. You’ll not only be able to keep the shoe forever, but it will help balance out the complete outfit for the completed, cohesive look.

A big congratulations again and I hope you have a wonderful night!
Catju



2 comments:

Jolie du Pre said...

For me, the Topaz Wire Wrap earrings would be my choice if I were wearing the black one shoulder dress to receive the award. I would just wear the earrings and no other jewelry, because these earrings are a huge focal point. They really stand out and add a nice pop to the rest of the outfit. They make for a classy look.

LizzzFilm said...

Great advice. I'd like to see pictures of her finished look. The top earrings are my favorite.